Friday, September 21, 2007

FRANK SALERNO JOINS OUR 50th NDHS REUNION CELEBRATION



FRANK SALERNO Notre Dame High School Class of 1957

After graduating from NDHS, I along with Dan Luecke and Gary Gierok went to the University of ND. My stay was very short. I didn't think it was necessary to attend classes. Football was great. Returning to the Valley I enrolled at Valley J.C. and went to work in the family business, Salerno Bros. Interiors. In 1959 I married my high school sweetheart, Jayne Horacek (St. Francis De Sales). In September we celebrated our 48th Anniversary. We have three great children, Theresa, Frank Jr and Michael. Between them we have 5 grandchildren, Tara, Kyllie, Michael Jr., Matthew and Christopher.
In 196l I joined the Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department, retiring in 1993 as a supervising detective Sgt. in the Homicide Bureau. where I worked the last 17 years on the job.
I was involved investigating hundreds of homicides along with officer involved shootings and other suspicious deaths. During my years in homicide I was the Sheriffs Depts. lead investigator in the Hillside Strangler and NightStalker Serial murder investigations.
I have lectured thruout the U.S. on the investigation of serial murders, homicides and officer involved shootings. During the last 10 years working homicide I was an instructor at San Jose State, California Dept. of Justice along with being an advisor to the California Peace Officers Standards and Training and the National Institute of Justice. Due to the exposure to serial murders have been featured in numerous TV documentaries.
Upon retiring from the Sheriffs Dept. established Salerno & Scully Investigations, Inc. with Jack Scully, our office is in Encino. We do both civil and criminal litigation as well as consult with large corporations re security issues.

Jayne and I are very much involved the grandkids watching soccer, baseball, basketball and swimming. We also enjoy taking them to our cabin in June Lake.

No comments: