Thursday, September 13, 2007

TONY FADALE SENDS HIS BIO AND AN INVITIATION TO OUR 50TH REUNION



























In the 50 years since graduation from Notre Dame High School, life has been very good to me. My four years at Notre Dame and my nine years as a Brother of Holy Cross provided me a moral compass and education that has served me well.

When I returned from New Orleans in 1966, which was my last assignment as a Brother, I met my beautiful bride, Lynn, and we have been married for over 40 years. We have two children, Lisa and David, and two grandchildren, with a third grandchild on the way. Lisa is a media-buyer for national television ads and David is a physical therapist. Our granddaughters, Haley and Skylar, are five and seven years old. We live in Redondo Beach, California, about a mile from our daughter and about 5 miles from our son. My wife Lynn still works (which makes me a kept man) as a court reporter in the Superior Court of Los Angeles. Her fame comes from having been the court reporter for the two Menendez trials, but her true talent lies in how she makes spaghetti and meatballs.

I taught and coached for 36 years in high school and left the classroom in 1997. I spent the next 6 years at the Museum of Tolerance, the Simon Wiesenthal Center, as a project manager in the education department.

Along the way I earned a Master’s Degree and a Doctorate in education. Right now I am happily retired, which gives me time to visit my grandchildren almost every day and do volunteer work for our parish, Notre Dame and for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.

For fun I play golf with John DeCoster, Dan Zerfas, Hugh Johnson, ’58, and Brother William Nick, the president of Notre Dame. I am on the Board of Directors for Notre Dame with Dan Zerfas. Dan and I both laugh when we think about what Brother Eugenio must be thinking when he looks down and sees us among the people running Notre Dame.

I am looking forward to seeing everybody at the reunion and sharing memories about our high school days at Notre Dame.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,
I am a neighbor of Robert Drolet who taught at your school from 1955-1958. He does not use a computer, so I was looking up information for him. He was reminescing about his days at your school, and I was wondering if I could put him in touch with any people who might remember him. He is such a nice man. You can email me at the email address below and I will print out the messages for him.
Thank you.
Carolyn Savage
SavageLC@cox.net