Tuesday, July 31, 2007

JIM GROVE WILL JOIN US IN OCTOBER AT THE BIG NDHS 1957 REUNION























After thinking things over, Jim Grove plans to join us at the 1957 NDHS 50th Reunion.

After graduation from Notre Dame High School in 1957, Jim Grove enrolled in Pierce Community College in Woodland Hills. He studied there for two years and then went to work for RCA Service Company.
At RCA, Jim helped to write an instruction manual for the firing and repair of the Atlas missile. In his words, "I hated it!"

Jim began to test for fire department employment in Southern California. The Beverly Hills Fire Department hired him in March of 1964. In 1978, he was promoted to the position of engineer. He retired from the fire department in 1993, "after 29 years and two riots. What a job!"

"My wife of 35 years, Mary Lou, is Irish, but I married her anyway."
------------ Editor's note: Just wait until Mary Lou reads this! --------------

"We have four kids and eight grandkids." Seven of the grandchildren are boys and one is a girl.

"God has been very good to us. We are able to travel quite a bit."
The Groves attend St Jude Thaddeus church in Westlake, California. Jim works one day each week at Los Robles Golf Course; "Great fun! I see Dennis Borowski there."

"I saw Bill Westmyer a month before he passed away. Bill and I had private pilots' licenses. We flew together a lot. Bill was a good pilot and a lot of fun. I met Bill in the first grade."

"I talk to Bob Gunther, once in awhile. Bob lives in Las Vegas. He knows about the reunion."

"I am looking forward to the reunion."

Jim Grove

2 comments:

Gerald R. Fecht said...

We are still in hope that Jim will provide a photograph for the blog and a bio,.............. or, Jerry will have to be inventive. Humm!

Gerald R. Fecht said...

Still holding out on a photograph, Jim Grove comments about the Fidel Castro look-alike image.
"I look more like James Mason!" JG